Blessed are the Children
The Blessed are the Children annual giving campaign is a yearly solicitation to raise $235,000 or more for Saint Philip the Apostle School. We also aim for 100% participation from our school community. These funds help to bridge the gap between tuition charged and the actual cost of educating a child at St. Philip the Apostle School. That gap is $1,300.
How Did This Campaign Begin?
The 2017-2018 school year marks the 25th year of the campaign. In the past, Catholic schools were staffed entirely by religious personnel, making tuition artificially low. Today like most Catholic schools, St. Philip the Apostle School is entirely lay-staffed. The cost of benefits, salaries and expenses required to run the school far exceed tuition revenue. Catholic schools have had to identify additional sources of revenue to continue to continue to provide a quality education.
Why Not Charge More Tuition?
Saint Philip the Apostle School fulfills its mission of providing a quality Catholic education regardless of family income level, race or ethnicity by keeping tuition affordable for all parish families. We see our diversity as a strength, which priovides our students with a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them. By keeping our tuition affordable we can serve all members of our community.
Over the last 25 years, Blessed are the Children has allowed St. Philip to:
- Grant more than $1,000,000 in tuition assistance for our community's most deserving children
- Install leading edge technology to enrich and complement classroom learning: wireless network, iPads, Chromebooks, mobile computer labs, and smart boards
- Hire teachers for the school's art, science, music, Spanish, library and technology programs
- Provide a child psychologist, resource specialists for upper and lower grades and a health coordinator
- Fund co-curricular programs: academic decathlon, choir, drama, sports, speech & debate, etc.
- Open the new Learning Commons and Primary Learning Center, two state of the art facilities, for our students
Double Your Money
If you or your spouse is affiliated with a Matching Gifts company, you can double to triple your contribution at no extra cost to you. Simply check to see if yours is a Matching Gift company, obtain a Matching Gift form from your employer and send it along with your donation to Saint Philip the Apostle School.